New Jersey Devils 4 at Montreal Canadiens 1
- Attendance: 21,288
- Three Stars: 1. Taylor Hall 2. Nico Hischier 3. Will Butcher
- The Devils defeated the Montreal Canadiens 4-1 at Bell Centre. New Jersey improved to 2-0-1 and have earned five out of six possible points so far during their seven-game preseason.
- Tonight concluded the second half of the Devils only ‘back-to-back’ scenario this preseason as they finished 1-0-1 during that stretch.
- New Jersey went 0-5 on the power play, while going 5-6 on the penalty kill.
- Tonight was the first preseason game in which the Devils had zero face-off violation bench minors.
- New Jersey out-shot the Canadiens 32-29.
- Mirco Mueller kicked off the scoring for the Devils 0:51 into the first period. Mueller now has two goals in only two preseason games played.
- Nico Hischier had the game winning goal and his second goal of the preseason at 15:30 of the second period.
- Taylor Hall and Kyle Palmieri each had an assist on Hischier’s goal and tied for the team lead with four shots on net, while Hall also led the team with 20:40 TOI.
- Jesper Bratt registered two goals including an empty-netter at the end of the game. Bratt now has three points in two games played.
- Stefan Noesen had an assist on both of Bratt’s goals and led the Devils with four PIM.
- Keith Kinkaid stopped 28 of 29 shots on net and allowed only one goal in two straight starts, while collecting his second win of the preseason.
- Forwards Blake Coleman, Joseph Blandisi and Marcus Johansson also recorded assists.
- Nathan Bastian had a team high four hits on the night.