New Jersey Devils 1 at Tampa Bay Lightning 3
- Attendance: 19,029
- Three Stars: 1. Andrei Vasilevskiy 2. Cory Schneider 3. Nikita Kucherov
- **See @NJDevils on twitter and newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- The Devils 2017-18 campaign ended today with a 3-1 loss to the Lightning. Tampa Bay wins the best of seven series, 4-1, to advance to the Eastern Conference Semifinals.
- New Jersey is now 123-110 in the team’s playoff history and fall to 12-9 in Game 5’s.
- Today marks only the fourth time that the Devils have lost a series in the fifth game on the road (last: 2006 vs Carolina).
- After going 4-9 on their PK in the first three games, the Devils have killed off all 10 penalties in games four and five.
- Cory Schneider started in his third playoff contest this year. Schneider stopped 35 of 38 shots (.921%) in tonight’s matchup, and fell to 2-6 in his career in the playoffs.
- Kyle Palmieri scored the only goal for the Devils 17:00 into the third period. Palmieri finishes the post season with goals in back-to-back games (2G-1A-3PTS).
- Will Butcher tallied the primary assist on Palmieri’s goal, ending the rookies first post season with four points (1G-3A).
- Taylor Hall recorded his fifth assist of the postseason and lead the Devils with 7PTS (2G-5A).