New Jersey Devils 2 at Tampa Bay Lightning 5
- Attendance: 19,902
- Three Stars: 1.Yanni Gourde 2. Tyler Johnson 3. Ondrej Palat
- **See @NJDevils on twitter and newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- The Devils fell to the Lightning in the first game of a best of seven series. New Jersey trails in the series 0-1, game two will take place at Amalie Arena on Saturday, at 3 PM.
- New Jersey’s record on the road for Game 1’s fall to 7-15.
- The Devils entered tonight with 547 games of postseason experience. That is the lowest for the franchise since the 1992 playoffs.
- Tonight marks the first time that Tampa Bay has held New Jersey scoreless after the first period all season.
- Andrej Vasilevskiy earned his first win tonight against New Jersey; entering tonight he posted a 3.10 GAA, and 0-2 records.
- Brian Boyle leads all Devils skater with 107 playoff games played. He is the only player on the Devils roster to play in over 100 playoff games. Boyle is the first skater since Petr Sykora (115) and Patrik Elias (138) to enter the playoffs with at least 100 playoff games played. *credit Craig Seiden
- Taylor Hall tallied his first playoff goal (PP) of his career at 13:55 into the second frame. The goal marks the first time that a Devil has scored on the road in the first game since Patrik Elias (4/13/12 at Florida). Hall additionally assisted on Zajac’s power play goal, marking his first multi-point game vs the Lightning since Oct. 20, 2014.
- Travis Zajac scored New Jersey’s second goal of the game (PP), the goal is his first playoff goal in seven games. His last playoff goal came on Game 5 of the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals. Zajac’s power play goal marks the 11th of his career.
- Will Butcher tallied his first NHL playoff point tonight with a secondary assist on Zajac’s power play goal.
- Keith Kinkaid lost his first game against the Lightning tonight, stopping 27 out of 32 shots (.843%) and falls to 1-1 on the year against the Lightning.