New Jersey Devils 4 vs New York Islanders 3
- Attendance: 16,514
- Three Stars: 1. Taylor Hall 2. Will Butcher 3. Stefan Noesen
- **See @NJDevils on twitter and newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- TEAM NOTES
- The New Jersey Devils defeated the New York Islanders, 4-3, in their fourth and final matchup, finishing their season series 3-0-1 against the Islanders.
- Tonight’s game concluded the Devils 16th and final set of back-to-back games. The club is 8-5-2 in first games and 8-8-0 in second games of back-to-back sets.
- New Jersey finished their four-game homestand, 3-0-1 , and will face-off tomorrow night against the Montreal Canadiens at Bell Centre.
- This season, the Devils are 27-15-6 vs. Eastern Conference opponents and 15-9-2 against the Metropolitan Division.
- The Devils power play was 1-2. New Jersey has now scored a power play goal in three straight games.
- New Jersey was 1-2 on the penalty kill, and are 9-11 (81.8%) in their last six games.
- The Devils play their next game tomorrow night against the Montreal Canadiens at Bell Centre at 7 PM (SN, RDS, MSG+).
- New Jersey outshot the Islanders 35-30.
- PLAYER NOTES
- Stefan Noesen tied the game, 1-1, at 7:54 in the first period, tallying his 13th goal of the season, and his fifth multi-point game. Noesen played in his 100th game with the New Jersey Devils tonight.
- Will Butcher set the Devils franchise record for most assists by a rookie defenseman, recording two assists on the night (38 and 39th of the season). Butcher extends his point-streak to five games (1G – 6A). He now sits 13th in the NHL all-time rookie defenseman assist list. *credit Craig Seiden.
- Taylor Hall notched his 35th and 36th goals of the season, his fourth multi-goal game of the season, and 26th multi-point game. Hall now sits in fifth place on the New Jersey Devils all-time points list (88 points), and is tied for first place for multi-point games in a single season in New Jersey Devils history. Hall extends his point-streak to seven games, and now has 14 points over nine games (6G – 8A).
- Blake Coleman scored New Jersey’s fourth goal of the game during the Islanders power play, the Devils 11th shorthanded goal of the season. The Devils are now tied for first with the Edmonton Oilers for most shorthanded goals on the season.
- Keith Kinkaid started his fifth consecutive game in net, stopping 27 of 30 shots he faced (.900%). Kinkaid finished the season series against the Islanders 3-0-0.
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Shot Summary
- TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
- UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Tomorrow: 4:50 Media Availability, 7PM Game at Bell Centre vs Montreal Canadiens
Tuesday: 10:30AM Morning Skate at Prudential Center, 7PM Game vs New York Rangers.