New Jersey Devils 2 vs Tampa Bay Lightning 1
- Attendance: 16,514
- Three Stars: 1. Keith Kinkaid 2. Nico Hischier 3. Taylor Hall
- **See @NJDevils on twitter and newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- New Jersey defeated Tampa Bay in in the third and final regular season game, 2-1. The Devils swept the season-series, 3-0-0. The last time New Jersey swept Tampa Bay in a season series was the 2008-09 season (4-0-0).
- The Devils are 7-3-0 against the Lightning at home and 9-7-2 overall against Tampa Bay since the 2012-13 season. Additionally, New Jersey is 19-14-3 at home this season, while the Lightning are 24-12-2 on the road and own the second-best road record in the league.
- The Devils closed out their 15th of 16 back-to-back sets against the Lightning tonight. The club is 8-5-2 in first games and now 7-8-0 in second games. The Devils finish their final set of back-to-back games Mar. 31-Apr. 1.
- New Jersey held Tampa Bay scoreless in the second period. The Lightning hold the record for most goals scored in the second period this season (102).
- The Devils play their next five of their last seven games at home.
- New Jersey is the only team in the league this year to defeat Tampa Bay three times.
- Nico Hischier opened the scoring for New Jersey with his 18th goal, and 49th point of the season. Hischier is now only one point shy of becoming just the fifth Devils rookie in history to record 50 plus points (Adam Henrique 2011-12 – 51 PTS).
- Will Butcher notched his 34th assist of the season on Hischier’s goal. With the helper, Butcher is now tied with Eric Weinrich (1990-91) and Viacheslav Fetisov (1989-90) for most assists by a Devils rookie defenseman.
- Kyle Palmieri netted the second goal for New Jersey, his 21st of the year 10:59 into the second frame. Palmieri needs five more goals to tie his 2016-17 season high of 26.
- Taylor Hall earned the secondary assist on Palmieri’s goal, extending his point streak to four games. Hall is now tied with Zach Parise (2009-10) for 11th all time (T-6 since 2005-06) in a single season for points. Additionally, Hall (82) has a 33-point lead over Nico Hischier (49). That is the largest margin between first place and second point producers on the Devils since the 2008-09 season (Z. Parise, 94 – Patrik Elias, 78 = 16 PT difference).
- Mirco Mueller started in his first game since Feb. 22 (13 games), and added an assist on Hischier’s goal. The assist was Mueller’s first point since Nov. 11 vs Edmonton.
- Keith Kinkaid earned his first win of the year against the Lightning and improves to 2-1-1 in his career. Kinkaid stopped 35 of 36 shots in the victory.
- Pavel Zacha added the primary assist on Palmieri’s goal, extending his point streak to two games (2A).
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Monday: 11AM Practice at RWJ Barnabas Hockey House
Tuesday: 10:30AM Practice at Prudential Center, 7PM Game at Prudential Center vs Carolina Hurricanes