New Jersey Devils 3 at Los Angeles Kings 0
- Attendance: 18,230
- Three Stars: 1. Keith Kinkaid 2. Andy Greene 3. Miles Wood
- **See @NJDevils on twitter and newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- New Jersey won their second and final game against the Los Angeles Kings, 3-0. The Devils finish the 2017-18 campaign against the Kings 2-0-0.
- Tonight’s win marks the Devils’ first shutout since Nov. 11 (at Vancouver, 2-0 W), and Keith Kinkaid’s first shutout of the season, and fourth of his career.
- Despite being outshot 19-4 in the first period, the Devils left after the first frame up 2-0. New Jersey improves their record to 22-11-3 when being outshot by there opponent.
- New Jersey is now 7-2-0 in their last nine road games, with a goal differential of +8.
- The Devils swept the Kings in the 2017-18 regular season series, and New Jersey’s first sweep against Los Angeles in a season series since the 2015-16 season.
- With tonight’s win, the Devils improve to 3-0-0 on their six game road trip. The club faces off against the Anaheim Ducks tomorrow in the back end of the teams’ 14th of 16 set of back-to-back games.
- The Devils are 7-5-2 against the Pacific Division and 14-11-3 against all Western Conference opponents. Since the 2013-14 season, the club is 4-1-0 against the Kings at Staples Center and 5-4-0 overall.
- New Jersey improves their record to 27-0-2 when leading after two periods.
- The Devils were 6-6 on the penalty kill tonight.
- Keith Kinkaid started his third straight game, played in his 100th career NHL game, and stopped all 38 shots he faced. Since Feb. 13, Kinkaid has nine wins, which is tied for the second most in the league (M. Jones – 9 W, M.A Fleury – 9 W, P. Rinne – 11 W).
- Michael Grabner opened the scoring for the Devils with a short-handed goal 8:29 into the first period. Grabner now has two goals in two games, and three points in his last two games (2G-1A).
- Nico Hischier notched New Jersey’s second goal of the game 13:27 into the first with help from Damon Severson, and Brian Gibbons. Hischier scored his 16th goal of the season, and his fifth point in five games (3G-2A).
- Miles Wood scored his 17th goal of the season, his first since Feb. 17 (10 GP). The goal came 6:06 into the third frame, with help from Brian Boyle, his 10th of the season.
- Sami Vatanen leads the Devils in TOI in each of the past 12 games played.
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
- Shift Chart
TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Tomorrow: TBA Practice at Honda Center, 6PM Game at Honda Center
Tuesday: 11:30AM Practice SAP Center, 6:30PM Game at SAP Center