New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Florida Panthers 3
- Attendance: 13,184
- Three Stars: 1. Jared McCann 2. Nico Hischier 3. Jesper Bratt
**See newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- The Devils lost to the Florida Panthers and fell to 14-6-4 overall and 6-3-2 at home. New Jersey is 1-1-0 against Florida in 2017-18 and will square-off against the Panthers for the final time during the regular season Mar. 1 at BB&T Center.
- New Jersey is 7-3-0 at home vs. the Panthers since 2012-13 and 31-13-4 on home-ice since 1993-94.
- Tonight concluded the Devils seventh game in 12 days (Nov. 16-27). The club went 3-2-2 during that stretch and earned 8 out of a possible 14 points.
- New Jersey is 7-1-2 (3-1-1 at home) against the Atlantic Division and is 8-2-2 (3-2-1 at home) vs. Eastern Conference opponents.
- New Jersey was 0-2 on the power play and 3-3 while shorthanded. The club surrendered their second shorthanded goal against of the season when Aleksander Barkov opened the scoring at 17:20 of the second period.
- The Devils were out-shot by the Panthers, 38-25. New Jersey is now 11-5-1 when they are out-shot by their opponent.
- Nico Hischier scored his fifth goal of the season 2:20 into the third period and has scored in consecutive games for the first time in his career. Hischer has three points (2G-1A) over his last three games.
- Jesper Bratt notched his seventh goal of the season, while also blocking two shots.
- Pavel Zacha had the lone assist on Hischier’s goal, his fourth of the season, and his first point since Nov. 12 at CHI.
- Cory Schneider stopped 35 of 38 shots (.921 save%) and fell to 9-5-3 on the season.
- John Moore led the Devils with 23:44 TOI, while Adam Henrique had a team-leading three blocked shots.
- Brian Boyle had a team-high three hits, while Damon Severson and Pavel Zacha were tied for the team-lead with three shots on net.