New Jersey Devils 3 vs. Vancouver Canucks 2
- Attendance: 16,514
- Three Stars: 1. Brian Boyle 2. Taylor Hall 3. Nico Hischier
**See newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- The Devils defeated the Vancouver Canucks 3-2 and improved to 13-5-4 overall and 6-3-2 at home.
- New Jersey swept Vancouver (2-0-0) in their two-game season series and the Devils are now 7-1-0 (4-0-0 at Prudential Center) against the Canucks since the 2014-15 season.
- The Devils opened the first half of their 5th of 16 back-to-back contests and will travel to take on the Detroit Red Wings tomorrow night at Little Caesars Arena (7 PM). New Jersey is 4-1-0 in first games and 3-1-0 in second games of back-to-back sets.
- The Devils are 3-2-2 (2-1-1 at home) against the Pacific Division and are 6-4-2 (3-2-1 at home) vs. the Western Conference.
- New Jersey was 1-3 on the power play and 2-3 while shorthanded. The club is 4-16 (25.0%) in their last six games on the man-advantage.
- The Devils out-shot the Canucks, 26-25. New Jersey is now 3-1-3 when they out-shoot their opponent.
- Taylor Hall led the Devils with three points (1G-2A) and recorded his sixth multi-point game of the season. Hall leads the Devils with 24 points (7G-17A) in 22 games.
- Brian Boyle scored his second goal of the season on the power play at 10:17 of the second period and had two power play points (1G-1A) over his last two games. Boyle took the ceremonial face-off as part of the Devils Hockey Fights Cancer Night. The puck was dropped by Boyle’s wife Lauren, his two children and a youth patient from the Valerie Fund Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children’s Hospital of New Jersey at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.
- Damon Severson had the game-winning goal, his third of the season and the second game-winning goal of his career. Severson matched his 2016-17 season total with three goals in only 21 games and currently has a two-game point streak (1G-1A).
- Will Butcher chipped in with the Primary assist on Boyle’s power play goal. Nine of Bucther’s 15 assists have come on the man-advantage.
- Nico Hischier had the secondary assist on Severson’s goal, for his 16th point (3G-13A) of the season.
- Steven Santini led the Devils with 21:32 TOI.
- John Moore had a team-high five hits, while Pavel Zacha and Miles Wood led the team with four shots.