New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Florida Panthers 1
- Attendance: 16,514
- Three Stars: 1. Cory Schneider 2. Kyle Palmieri 3. Damon Severson
**See newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- The Devils beat the Florida Panthers 2-1 to snap a four-game win-less streak and are now 10-4-2 overall and 5-3-1 at home.
- Tonight’s game was the first half of the Devils fourth of 16 back-to-back sets. The Devils are 3-1-0 in the first game and 2-1-0 in the second game of back-to-backs.
- New Jersey is 1-0-0 against Florida in 2017-18 and the two clubs will meet two more times in the regular season (Nov. 27 at NJ, Mar. 1 at FLA).
- The Devils are a perfect 6-0-0 against the Atlantic Division (3-0-0 at home) and 7-1-0 against Eastern Conference opponents.
- New Jersey finished 1-1-1 on their week long three-game home-stand.
- The Devils are 31-12-4 against Florida on home-ice and 59-28-12 overall.
- New Jersey was 1-2 on the power play and 4-4 while shorthanded. New Jersey scored on their first 5-on-3 opportunity of the season and for the first time on the man advantage in five games.
- The Devils were out-shot, 33-21, including 17-4 in the third period.
- Damon Severson opened the scoring with his second goal of the season at 5:59 of the first period. Severson was also tied for the team-lead with three shots.
- Kyle Palmieri had the game-winning goal on the power play at 4:58 of the second period. It was his second power play goal and his fourth goal overall this season.
- Will Butcher had the primary assist on Palmieri’s game-winning goal. Butcher now has 13 assists and is 3rd (tie, N. Kucherov, TB) in the NHL with eight assists on the power play.
- Nico Hischier had the secondary assist on Palmieri’s goal, for his ninth assist of the season.
- Jimmy Hayes recorded the lone assist on Severson’s goal.
- Cory Schneider stopped 32 of 33 shots and improved to 7-3-1.
- Andy Greene led the Devils with 24:32 TOI and three blocked shots.
- Steven Santini had a team-high four hits.