- Attendance: 13,763
- Three Stars: 1. Jimmy Hayes 2. Christopher DiDomenico 3. Pavel Zacha
**See newjerseydevils.com / #njdevils social channels for post-game pressers and sound**
- The New Jersey Devils defeated the Ottawa Senators to lead their season-series 2-0-0. They defeated the Sens at Canadian Tire Centre in their first meeting on Oct. 19., also by a score of 5-4, but did so during the 3-on-3 overtime period. The two clubs will meet for their third and final time in 2017-18 on Feb. 6 at Canadian Tire Centre.
- New Jersey has not lost against Ottawa since Dec. 17, 2014 at Prudential Center (9 games) and are 10-1-0 overall against the Senators since 2014-15 (4-1-0 at home).
- The club is now 5-0-0 against the Atlantic Division this season (2-0-0 at Prudential Center).
- It was the fifth time in nine games that the club has been credited with five or more goals in a game. They are ranked seventh (tie, PHI/PIT/VGK) with 34 total goals.
- It was New Jersey’s second shootout victory of the season (2-0-0). The Devils also defeated Tampa Bay, 5-4 SO, on Oct. 17.
- The Devils were 1-3 (33.3%) on the power play and 2-2 while shorthanded. The club is ranked 8th in the NHL with a 23.7% PP%
- Tonight was the first game of New Jersey’s third set of back-to-back sets this season. They are 2-1-0 in first matches and 1-1-0 thus far. The Devils face-off against the Arizona Coyotes tomorrow night at Prudential Center (7PM). It is the only time this season that New Jersey will play at home on consecutive nights.
- The Devils were out-shot, 27-25, tonight.
- ***REMINDER: The Metropolitan Riveters face off against the Boston Pride in a National Women’s Hockey League (NWHL) game at 1:30 PM on the Prudential Center game rink. All credentialed Devils/NHL media are welcome to attend. Please email James Stolfi (email@example.com)if you plan on attending.
- Jimmy Hayes recorded his first multi-point game (1g-1a) of the season/as a Devil.
- Will Butcher had one assist and is tied for 2nd (S. Stamkos & N. Backstrom) among all skaters with 6 power play assists.
- Jesper Bratt scored his first ever game-deciding goal. It was also the first attempt of his career.
- Keith Kinkaid stopped 23 of 27 shots and 3 of 4 attempts in the shootout to improve to 3-1-0.
- Adam Henrique scored his second power play goal of the season in the second period.
- Damon Severson notched his first goal of the year tonight. It was his first goal since, Nov. 15 vs. TB (73 games).
- John Moore had a season-high 25:34 of ice-time.
- Kyle Palmieri missed tonight’s game with a lower-body injury. It was the second game he missed due to injury this season (Oct. 9 at BUF, lower-body).
- Dalton Prout and Mirco Mueller were healthy scratches this evening.
Next Up *Subject to change
Tomorrow: No Morning Skate. 4:45PM Head Coach John Hynes will be available outside the Devils’ Locker Room.
7PM vs. Arizona Coyotes (MSG+ / TOJN)