New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Washington Capitals 5
- Attendance: 13,458
- Three Stars: 1. Nicklas Backstrom 2. T.J. Oshie 3. Kyle Palmieri
**See newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- The Devils lost to the Washington Capitals 5-2 to fall to 3-1-0 in 2017-18. New Jersey is now 0-5-2 at Prudential Center against Washington since the 2013-14 season.
- The club is 0-1-0 vs. the Metropolitan Division and 2-1-0 against Eastern Conference opponents.
- New Jersey was 1-4 on the power play tonight and are 5-17 (29.4%) on the PP over the last 4 games.
- The Devils were 2-4 on the penalty-kill tonight and are 17-22 (77.3%) over the last 4 games.
- The Devils were out-shot 28-23.
- Kyle Palmieri scored his first goal of the season and the 100th of his career. Palmieri also assisted Taylor Hall’s 2nd period power play goal and has two multi-point games in 2017-18.
- Hall’s goal was his first of the season and he now has four points (1g-3a) in four games played.
- Will Butcher had the secondary assist on Hall’s goal and leads all NHL rookies with six assists and four power play points.
- Damon Severson recorded his first point off the year with an assist on Palmieri’s goal. Severson led all Devils defensemen with 28 assists in 2016-17.
- John Moore also chipped in with an assist on Palmieri’s goal for his third point (1g-2a) of the season.
- Cory Schneider stopped 23 of 28 shots and received his first loss in 2017-18.
- Andy Greene led all Devils skaters with 22:20 TOI.
- Blake Coleman led the team with 14 PIM and had 4 hits to tie Palmieri for the most on the team.