New Jersey Devils 2 vs. New York Islanders 4
- Attendance: 16,514
- Three Stars: 1. Jaroslav Halak 2. Anders Lee 3. Nick Leddy
- The Devils completed the home portion of their 2016-17 schedule and finished with a 16-17-8 record at Prudential Center. New Jersey will finish their season tomorrow evening at Detroit (5PM ET, MSG, TOJN). The game will be the final game at Joe Louis Arena.
- The Devils finished their season-series with the Islanders 1-3-0. New Jersey finished 11-16-3 vs. the Metropolitan Division and is 18-28-7 against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The Devils were 0-3 on the power play tonight and are 2-18 (11.1%) over the last five games.
- New Jersey was 1-4 on the penalty kill tonight and are 20-26 (76.9%) while shorthanded over the last five games.
- The Devils out-shot the Islanders, 39-20, including 14-4 in the first period.
- Keith Kinkaid made his career-high 23rd start, while stopping 16 of 20 shots. Kinkaid fell to 8-13-3 in 2016-17.
- Beau Bennett scored both of the Devils goals. It was his second multi-point game of the season, as well as his second two goal game of his career. With the two goals, Bennett now has a career-high eight on the season.
- Dalton Prout and Miles Wood each chipped in an assist on Bennett’s second goal with three seconds remaining in the game.
- John Moore and Kyle Palmieri led the Devils with six shots apiece.
- Taylor Hall had a team-high 20:25 TOI and three blocked shots, while also chipping in with five shots on net.
- Blake Coleman led New Jersey with five hits on the night.