New Jersey Devils 0 at Columbus Blue Jackets 2
- Attendance: 15,947
- Three Stars: 1. Sergei Bobrovsky 2. Oliver Bjorkstrand 3. Keith Kinkaid
- New Jersey was shut out for the second consecutive game and the seventh time this season. The Devils lost both games against the Blue Jackets in their home-and-home set and are 1-2-0 against Columbus in 2016-17.
- With the loss, New Jersey is 8-9-3 against the Metropolitan Division and is 15-20-7 against Eastern Conference opponents. The Devils are 4-9-2 overall against the Blue Jackets since the 2013-14 season.
- The Devils were 0-1 on the power play tonight and are 1-11 (9.1%) over their last five games.
- New Jersey was 2-2 on the penalty-kill and are 12-15 (80.0%) short-handed over the last 5 games.
- The Devils out-shot the Blue Jackets, 33-25.
- Ben Lovejoy appeared in his 400th NHL game, and also lead the Devils with three blocked shots.
- Keith Kinkaid made his 16th start of the season, his first since Feb. 19 at NYI, while stopping 23 of 24 shots (.958 save%) that he faced. He fell to 6-8-2 on the year.
- Jon Merrill led all Devils with 22:17 TOI and also chipped in with two shots on net.
- Travis Zajac won 19 of 31 face-offs (61%) and led all forwards in ice-time with 21:46.
- Beau Bennett and Kyle Palmieri each had five shots on net.