New Jersey Devils 0 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets 3
- Attendance: 14,054
- Three Stars: 1. Sergei Bobrovsky 2. Oliver Bjorkstrand 3. Sam Gagner
- New Jersey was shut out for the sixth time and are 1-1-0 against Columbus in 2016-17. The clubs will square-off again this Tuesday at Nationwide Arena.
- The Devils finished their 14th of 18 sets of back-to-back contests. They are 4-6-4 in first matches and are 7-4-3 in second games of back-to-backs.
- With the loss, New Jersey is 8-8-3 against the Metropolitan Division and is 15-19-7 against Eastern Conference opponents. The Devils are 4-8-2 overall against the Blue Jackets since the 2013-14 season.
- The Devils were 0-3 on the power play tonight and are 2-12 (16.7%) over their last five games. New Jersey had a nine second, five-on-three man-advantage in the first period but did not convert. The club is 1-8 in five-on-three opportunities this season.
- New Jersey took only one minor penalty tonight which is a season-low (tie, Nov. 15 at Dal., Jan. 17 at Min., Feb. 16 vs. Ott.). They were 1-1 on the penalty-kill.
- The Devils were out-shot, 20-22.
- Cory Schneider made his sixth consecutive start and fell to 19-21-10 on the season. He stopped 19-22 shots.
- Pavel Zacha was activated off injured reserve after missing the previous four games with a concussion. He had one shot on goal in 14:29 of ice-time.
- Karl Stollery was recalled from Albany (AHL) this afternoon. Tonight was his first game with the club since Feb. 6 vs. Buffalo. He paced New Jersey with four shots on net in a season-high 19:37 of action.
- Adam Henrique was 7-9 (78%) in the faceoff circle, while Jon Merrill led all Devils in ice-time with 20:34.