New Jersey Devils 3 vs. Montreal Canadiens 4 (OT)
- Attendance: 13,270
- Three Stars: 1. Alex Galchenyuk 2. Max Pacioretty 3. Travis Zajac
- New Jersey dropped their second-consecutive game in the overtime period and are win-less in their last four matches. The Devils are 8-12 in the three-on-three overtime period this season and they closed-out the month of February with a 4-4-3 record.
- The Devils finished their 2016-17 season-series with the Canadiens with a record of 0-2-1. New Jersey is 3-4-3 at Prudential Center and is 7-7-4 overall vs. Montreal since the 2011-12 season.
- The club is now 7-10-4 vs. the Atlantic Division and is 15-16-7 against Eastern Conference opponents.
- New Jersey was 1-2 on the power play tonight and has scored with the man-advantage in each of the last four games. They are 12-25 (48.0%) on the PP over the last 10 games.
- The Devils were 1-2 on the penalty-kill tonight and are 7-10 (70.0%) over the last 10 games.
- The club out-shot Montreal, 37-33, tonight, including 13-11 in the third period.
- Cory Schneider stopped 29 of 33 shots and fell to 19-18-10 this season. He has stopped 565 of the last 610 shots (.926 save%) he’s faced since Jan. 1 (21 GP), which is the fourth-best save-percentage during that time-span among goaltenders that have played at least 10 games.
- Travis Zajac had one goal and one assist tonight and has a five-game point-streak (3g-5a). He was 20-30 (67%) in the faceoff circle tonight.
- Zajac played in the 760th game of his NHL career (all with New Jersey) tying Randy McKay for 9th all-time in franchise history.
- Kyle Palmieri also had one goal and one assist on the evening. He has seven points (4g-3a) over his last four games. Palmieri needs 3pts for 100 in his Devils’ career. He also had a season-high six shots on net.
- John Moore scored his sixth goal of the campaign, his first since Dec. 17 at OTT (12 games), at 2:28 of the third period.
- Damon Severson, Miles Wood, and Joseph Blandisi also had helpers tonight. Blandisi has three points in his last four games (1g-2a).
- Andy Greene skated in a season-high 26:19 tonight.
Next Up *subject to change
Wed: 11AM Practice at Prudential Center
Thur: 11:30AM Morning Skate at Verizon Center
7PM at Washington (MSG+, TOJN/WFAN)