New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Montreal Canadiens 3
- Attendance: 15,345
- Three Stars: 1. Alex Galchenyuk 2. Alexander Radulov 3. Shea Weber
- The Devils had their three game winning streak snapped tonight, falling 3-1, to Montreal. Despite the regulation loss, New Jersey has points in seven of its last 10 games.
- The Devils are now 0-2-0 against the Canadiens in 2016-17. The clubs will wrap-up their season-series Feb. 27 at Prudential Center.
- Tomorrow the Devils close-out their 11th of 18 sets of back-to-back games against Philadelphia. New Jersey is 3-5-3 in first games of back-to-backs and is 5-2-3 in the second contest.
- With tonight’s loss, New Jersey is 3-4-2 at Prudential Center and is 7-7-3 against Montreal overall since the 2011-12 season.
- The Devils are now 5-8-3 against the Atlantic Division and are 10-12-5 against Eastern Conference opponents.
- New Jersey was out-shot, 26-17, including 19-8 over the first two periods.
- The Devils power play was 0-2 and is 2-8 (25.0%) with the man-advantage over the last four games.
- New Jersey’s penalty-kill was 4-7 and is 14-18 (77.8%) over the last five games.
- At 4:00 of the first period, the Situation Room initiated a video review to examine if Steven Santini’s shot was deflected by a high stick before it crossed the Montreal goal line. Video review confirmed that Santini’s shot was not deflected and crossed the Montreal goal line in a legal fashion.
- Steven Santini scored his second career goal, the lone goal for New Jersey, at 4:00 of the first period to put the Devils ahead 1-0. It is was his second goal in the last five games.
- Taylor Hall and P.A. Parenteau each tallied an assist on Santini’s marker.
- With the assist, Hall has five points (2g-3a) over his last five games. He leads New Jersey with 19 assists (tie, Damon Severson) and leads the team with 30 points.
- Parenteau has two assists over his last two games.
- Severson led the club with 21:01 of ice-time tonight.
- Kyle Palmieri paced the Devils with four hits.
- Keith Kinkaid stopped 23 of 26 shots (.885 save%) and fell to 5-5-2 on the season.
Next Up *subject to change
Tomorrow: at Philadelphia
*11:30AM Morning Skate at Wells Fargo Center
7PM at Philadelphia (MSG+2, TOJN)
Mon: *11AM Practice at Prudential Center
Tue: *10:30AM Morning Skate at Prudential Center
7PM vs. Los Angeles (MSG, TOJN/WFAN)