New Jersey Devils 2 at Washington Capitals 1 SO
- Attendance: 18,506
- Three Stars: 1. Keith Kinkaid 2. Braden Holtby 3. Daniel Winnik
- The Devils are now 14-15-7 overall and 5-12-5 on the road. They improved their shootout record to 3-2 in 2016-17.
- New Jersey is 4-3-2 vs. the Metropolitan Division and is 8-8-5 against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The Devils were 0-4 on the power play and are 3-21 (14.3%) with the man-advantage over the past five games. New Jersey surrendered their fifth shorthanded goal against at 3:50 of the second period.
- New Jersey did not convert on a 14 second five-on-three man-advantage at 5:19 of the third period. The club is 0-4 in five-on-three opportunities in 2016-17.
- The Devils were 4-4 on the penalty-kill tonight and are 9-12 (75%) while shorthanded over the past five games.
- New Jersey was out-shot 44-27.
- P.A. Parenteau opened the scoring at 1:05 of the second period with his team-leading tenth goal of the season. Parenteau now has four points (3g-1a) in the last four games.
- Jacob Josefson had the game-deciding goal in the shootout for New Jersey. He is now 2-3 on the season and is 11-21 (52.4%) in his career. It was the fifth game-deciding goal of his career.
- Keith Kinkaid made his ninth start in goal and improved to 4-3-2 on the season. He stopped 43 of 44 shots and was 2-2 in the shootout.
- Yohann Auvitu and Parenteau led the Devils with 4 shots apiece.
- Andy Greene led New Jersey with 26:09 in TOI.
- Ben Lovejoy led the Devils with 4 blocked shots and had a season high 24:08 in TOI.
Sat: vs. Washington (1PM, MSG+, TOJN/WFAN)
This entry was posted in Post Game
. Bookmark the permalink