New Jersey Devils 2 at New York Rangers 3 (SO)
- Attendance: 18,006
- Three Stars: 1. Henrik Lundqvist 2. Cory Schneider 3. Rick Nash
- The New Jersey Devils fell to 12-12-7 on the season and to 4-11-5 on the road.
- New Jersey is 2-2 in shootouts in 2016-17.
- The Devils are now 1-3-2 in first games of back-to-backs and are 3-1-2 in second games.
- New Jersey is now 2-1-2 vs. the Metropolitan Division and is 6-6-5 vs. Eastern Conference opponents in 2016-17.
- The Devils were 1-4 on the power play tonight and are 1-15 (6.7%) with the man-advantage over the last five games.
- New Jersey was 2-2 on the penalty kill and are 12-16 (75%) while shorthanded over the last five games.
- The Devils out-shot the Rangers 31-27.
- P.A. Parenteau opened the scoring on the power play at 4:37 of the second period. It was his seventh goal of the season.
- Miles Wood scored his third goal of the season at 10:32 of the third period. He also led New Jersey with six shots and four hits.
- Kyle Palmieri notched two assists for his second multi-point game of the season. He has three assists over his last three games.
- Damon Severson had an assist on Parenteau’s power play goal. Severson’s assist snapped his five-game point drought (Dec. 6 vs. Van.).
- Adam Henrique tallied one assist. He has three points (1g-2a) over the last three games.
- Cory Schneider made his 23rd start of the season and is now 9-9-5. Schneider stopped 25 of 27 shots and was 2-4 in the shootout.
- Travis Zajac led the Devils with 24:20 in TOI.
Tuesday: vs. Nashville (7PM, MSG+, TOJN/WFAN)
This entry was posted in Post Game
. Bookmark the permalink