New Jersey Devils 3 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning 1
- Attendance: 13,098
- Three Stars: 1. Damon Severson 2. Adam Henrique 3. Cory Schneider
- The Devils finished their four-game home-stand 3-0-1, capturing seven of a possible eight points.
- The Devils are now 4-2-2 on the season and 1-2-1 against the Atlantic Division. New Jersey is 1-1-0 vs. Tampa Bay in 2016-17.
- New Jersey has not lost a game in regulation through the first five home games of the season, 4-0-1.
- New Jersey was 0-1 on the power play tonight, and are 4-14 (28.6%) through the first five home games.
- The penalty kill was a perfect 4-4 tonight, are 15 for 19 (78.9%) while shorthanded through the first five home games in 2016-17.
- The Devils play their next 10 of 14 games on the road, starting Nov. 3 at Florida.
- New Jersey was outshot, 33-23, by the Lightning, which is the only time the Devils were outshot during their four-game home-stand.
- Adam Henrique (2) scored New Jersey’s first goal of the night at 3:57 of the first period. It was his 100th career NHL goal.
- Damon Severson and Michael Cammalleri assisted on Henrique’s marker.
- Damon Severson (GWG) put the Devils ahead, 2-0, with his first goal of the season at 13:13 of the first period. Severson now has four points (1g-3a) over his last three games.
- It was Severson’s first goal since Dec. 11, 2015 at NYI (51 games).
- Henrique and Andy Greene assisted on Severson’s game-winner. Henrique now has 2g-1a-3pts over his last three games.
- The assist was Greene’s first point of 2016-17 and his first since Mar. 20 vs. CBJ.
- Devante Smith-Pelly recorded his first goal of the season at 5:22 of the second period.
- Nick Lappin and Kyle Quincey recorded the assists on Smith-Pelly’s goal. The assist was the first of Lappin’s NHL career (first point). It was also Quincey’s first point as a Devil.
- Cory Schneider made the start in goal for New Jersey and stopped 32 of 33 (97.0%) shots. He improved to 4-2-1 on the season.
- Andy Greene led the Devils with a season high 24:01 of TOI.
- Ben Lovejoy leads the Devils with 20 blocked shots this season.