New Jersey Devils 1 at Boston Bruins 2
- Attendance: 17, 565
- Three Stars: 1. Patrice Bergeron 2. Brad Marchand 3. Tuukka Rask
- The Devils are now 1-2-1 on the season and are 0-2-1 against the Atlantic Division. New Jersey is still seeking its first road win of 2016-17.
- The Devils are now 1-3-1 in Boston since the 2013-14 season.
- New Jersey opened the scoring with a power play goal at 4:14 of the third period. The Devils are now 3-10 (33.3%) with the man-advantage over the last two games.
- The Devils penalty kill was 4-4 tonight and is 13-14 (92.9%) through four games this season.
- The Devils managed to kill a 13 second 5-on-3 Bruins’ man-advantage in the second period. The Devils are 1-1 when facing a 5-on-3 in 2016-17
- New Jersey was outshot, 29-36, by the Bruins, including 23-25 over the final two periods.
- New Jersey was 35 of 67 (52%) in the faceoff circle tonight.
- Kyle Palmieri opened the scoring with his second goal of the season (PP) at 4:14 of the third period. He now has points in three consecutive games (2g-1a-3pts).
- Damon Severson and Jacob Josefson recorded assists on Palmieri’s goal. Severson now has assists in back-to-back games. It was Josefson’s first point of the season.
- Captain Andy Greene led the Devils with 23:43 TOI and had four blocked shots tonight.
- Pavel Zacha won seven of 11 faceoffs (64%).
- Palmieri and Taylor Hall each had a team-leading five shots on goal.
- Cory Schneider made his fourth consecutive start in goal and is 1-2-1 on the season and is 1-4-2 all-time against the Bruins. He stopped 34 of 36 shots (.944 save %).
Tomorrow: 12:30 PM- Practice
Saturday: vs. Minnesota Wild (7PM, MSG+, WFAN)