New Jersey Devils 1 at Florida Panthers 2 (OT)
- Attendance: 17,128
- Three Stars: 1. Aleksander Barkov 2. Roberto Luongo 3. Cory Schneider
- Seven Devils made their debut with New Jersey tonight: Taylor Hall, P.A. Parenteau, Vernon Fiddler, Ben Lovejoy, Yohann Auvitu, Blake Speers, and Kyle Quincey.
- The Devils are now 9-6-3 all-time when opening the regular season on the road. The Devils are 19-9-6 in season-openers and 15-15-4 in road-openers.
- The Devils are now 0-0-1 on the season and 0-0-1 against the Atlantic Division.
- New Jersey was 0-2 on the power play and was 3-3 on the penalty kill.
- The Devils were outshot 33-24, including 21-15 over the final two periods.
- Blake Speers and Yohann Auvitu made their NHL debut tonight.
- P.A. Parenteau scored his first goal of the season and the Devils’ lone-goal in his first game with New Jersey at 19:31 of the opening period. Auvitu and Pavel Zacha each recorded assists on the even-strength marker.
- Auvitu’s assist was the first point of his NHL career.
- Zacha now has three assists (3pts.) in two career NHL games.
- John Moore led the Devils with four penalty minutes tonight.
- Kyle Quincey led New Jersey with four hits. He was activated off Injured Reserve earlier today.
- Ben Lovejoy had four blocked shots in his first game as a Devil.
- Travis Zajac was 9/15 (60.0%) in the faceoff circle in his 700th career NHL game.
- Cory Schneider started in net for New Jersey. He stopped 32 of 34 shots (.941 save %)
Saturday: vs. Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena (7:00 PM ET, MSG+2, WFAN Sports Radio 66AM & 101.9 FM).