New Jersey Devils 5 vs Toronto Maple Leafs 1
- Attendance: 16,514
- Three Stars: 1. Patrik Elias 2. Adam Henrique 3. Kyle Palmieri
- New Jersey finished their season series 1-0-2=4pts against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- The Devils finished their season with 38-36-8=84pts. They improved from their 32-36-14=78pts record from 2014-15.
- New Jersey’s 19 shots in the first period was the most shots the Devils have had in a period this season. (previously; 17, 2/23/’16 vs. NYR & 11/8/’15 vs. Vancouver).
- New Jersey had points in eight of their last 15 games (7-7-1=15pts).
- The Devils had points in five of their final eight home games (4-3-1=9pts), and were 19-17-5=43pts at Prudential Center overall.
- New Jersey played its final game vs. the Atlantic Division. The Devils were 11-9-4=26pts vs. the Atlantic Division, including 5-6-1=11pts at home.
- New Jersey was 0/6 on the power play tonight and is 6/32 (18.8%) over the last seven games.
- The Devils were 3/3 on the penalty kill tonight and is 24/27 (88.9%) over the last seven games.
- The Devils out shot the Maple Leafs, 36-20, including 19-5, in the first period.
- This is the 12th time in team history that the Devils have had multiple 30-goal scorers in a season.
- Cory Schneider (19 saves/20 shots against) made his final start of the season. He improved 27-25-6. His 27 wins marks a new career-high. (previously; 26 wins 2014-15).
- Devante Smith-Pelly scored his 14th goal of the season at 9:10 of the first period. Smith-Pelly now how 8g-5a-13pts in 18 games since being acquired by New Jersey on Feb. 29th.
- Pavel Zacha recorded his first career NHL point with the assist on Smith-Pelly’s goal. He then assisted on Kyle Palmieri’s empty net goal at 19:44 of the third period to finish the game with 2pts.
- Adam Henrique scored his 29th and 30th goal of the season at :58 and 10:42 of the second period, respectively. Henrique becomes the first Devils’ player to score 30g since David Clarkson scored 30 in 2011-12.
- Kyle Palmieri also scored his 30th goal of the season (EN) at 17:04 of the third period. It is the first time since 2011-12 that the Devils have had multiple 30 goal scorers in a season.
- Adam Larsson and Patrik Elias each had assists on Henrique’s first goal.
- The assist was Elias’ first point since Dec. 8 at Toronto (8 games played).
- Elias led New Jersey with 1g-2a-3pts. Additionally, Elias has 3g-4a-7pts in his last five games vs. the Maple Leafs.
- Tuomo Ruutu and John Moore each assisted on Henrique’s second goal.
- Ruutu’s assist was his first point of the season and since Apr. 4, ’15 at NY Rangers (36 games).
- Moore has points in back-to-back games (2a).
Head Coach John Hynes