New Jersey Devils 7 vs. Minnesota Wild 4
- Attendance: 15,114
- Three Stars: 1. Devante Smith-Pelly 2. Mike Sislo 3. Tyler Kennedy
- New Jersey has won three of its last four games and improved to 34-30-7=75pts overall.
- The Devils snapped a three-game losing streak at Prudential Center and are now 16-15-4=36pts at The Rock overall.
- New Jersey swept the season series vs. Minnesota, 2-0-0=4pts.
- The Devils have won each of their last three home games vs. the Wild (last loss, Jan. 4, 2011, 2-1).
- New Jersey’s seven goals were a season-high (previously, 6, Jan. 21 vs. Ottawa) and its most since Jan. 21, 2014 vs. St. Louis.
- The Devils’ two goals in the opening 1:34 (Devante Smith-Pelly & Mike Sislo) were their fastest pair to start a game since Mar. 2, 1998 vs. Philadelphia (1:13, Brian Rolston & Randy McKay). -credit Elias Sports Bureau
- Tonight marked the Devils’ final game vs. the Western Conference this season. New Jersey finished 16-11-1=33pts vs. the West, including 8-5-1=17pts at home.
- Minnesota outshot New Jersey, 32-25.
- Keith Kinkaid (28 saves) made his fifth consecutive start and improved to 8-7-1 on the season.
- Devante Smith-Pelly recorded 2g-1a-3pts for the second multi-goal game (also, Nov. 25 at NY Rangers)/first 3pt. game of his NHL career. He now has points in a career-high (tie, Dec. 18-28, 2014, 0g-4a-4pts) four consecutive games (4g-2a-6pts). Smith-Pelly has 6g-3a-9pts in seven games with the Devils and has 7g-3a-10pts over his last eight contests. He has 12g-9a-21pts overall, which is a new career-high (previously, 6g-14a-20pts, 2014-15).
- Mike Sislo scored the first two goals of his NHL career tonight. He has 2g-1a-3pts in eight games with the Devils this season.
- Adam Henrique also scored 2g tonight and, with 25g overall, has tied his career-high (also, 2013-14). He has 44pts this season, which is the second-highest total of his NHL career (16g-35a-51pts, 2011-12). Henrique’s first goal was the eventual game-winner; he leads the Devils with a career-high 7 GWG.
- Reid Boucher scored his sixth goal of 2015-16, has 1g-2a-3pts over the past five games and 6g-7a-13pts in 29 appearances overall.
- Tyler Kennedy registered 3a for his first 3pt. game since Nov. 25, 2011 vs. Ottawa (1g-2a). He has points in three straight games (1g-4a-5pts) for the first time since Jan. 14-18, 2014 (1g-2a-3pts). Kennedy has 3g-5a-8pts over the last 14 games; he had 0g-6a-6pts over his first 30 appearances with the Devils.
- Joseph Blandisi posted 2a for his fourth multi-point game of the year. He has 3a over the last three contests and 5g-12a-17pts in 32 appearances overall.
- Travis Zajac recorded the secondary assist on Smith-Pelly’s first goal and has 3g-2a-5pts over the last seven games. He ranks fourth on the club with 12g-24a-36pts overall.
- Kyle Palmieri collected the primary assist on Boucher’s marker and has posted 2g-4a-6pts over the last seven contests. He leads the Devils with a career-high 25g-21a-46pts this season.
- Jon Merrill picked up the secondary assist on Boucher’s tally and has 2a over his last four appearances.
- Damon Severson was credited with the secondary assist on Sislo’s second goal. He has 4a over his last seven appearances and leads Devils’ defensemen with 16a overall.
- Andy Greene skated in his 300th consecutive game, dating back to Mar. 6, 2012, the sixth-longest games-played stretch in Devils’ history. Jay Pandolfo is next on the list, having appeared in 307 consecutive games from Jan. 22, 2003-Nov. 28, 2007.
Head Coach John Hynes, Keith Kinkaid, Devante Smith-Pelly, Mike Sislo, Tyler Kennedy, Adam Henrique and Wild Head Coach John Torchetti
- Friday: Noon practice at Barnabas Health Hockey House.
- Saturday: vs. Columbus Blue Jackets at Nationwide Arena (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus 2, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).