New Jersey Devils 0 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning 4
- Attendance: 15,968
- Three Stars: 1. Ben Bishop 2. Steven Stamkos 3. Ondrej Palat
- The Devils were shut out for the seventh time this season.
- New Jersey is 1-5-0=2pts in its last six games and fell to 30-26-7=67pts overall.
- The Devils are 6-3-1=13pts over their last ten games at Prudential Center and 15-13-4=34pts at The Rock overall.
- New Jersey is 9-5-4=22pts vs. the Atlantic Division this season, including 3-4-1=7pts at home.
- Tonight’s contest closed-out the club’s ninth of 12 sets of back-to-back games. The Devils are now 3-5-1=7pts in first games and 4-3-2=10pts in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- The Devils’ penalty-kill unit was 6/6 tonight, is 23/25 (92.0%) over their last eight games at Prudential Center & is 39/43 (90.7%) over the past 13 games overall.
- Tampa Bay outshot New Jersey, 36-21.
- Cory Schneider (32 saves) took the loss and fell to 26-21-6 on the season.
- Tuomo Ruutu led the Devils with a season-high five shots on goal.
- Andy Greene saw a team-high 24:26 of time-on-ice and also led New Jersey with three blocked shots.
- Kyle Palmieri and Sergey Kalinin each registered three hits tonight.
- Bobby Farnham returned to the lineup after being a healthy scratch for the previous three games. He recorded two shots on goal and received a ten-minute misconduct penalty in 6:56 of action
- Jacob Josefson (illness) did not play tonight.
Head Coach John Hynes, Cory Schneider, Kyle Palmieri, John Moore, David Schlemko and Lightning Head Coach Jon Cooper.
- Saturday: Off.
- Sunday: 11:00 AM practice at Prudential Center’s practice rink.
- Next Game: Tuesday vs. Carolina Hurricanes at Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).