New Jersey Devils 1 at Columbus Blue Jackets 6
- Attendance: 12,590
- Three Stars: 1. Nick Foligno 2. Matt Calvert 3. William Karlsson
- New Jersey is 1-4-0=2pts in its last five games and fell to 30-25-7=67pts overall.
- The Devils fell to 0-3-0 in their season series vs. the Blue Jackets.
- The Devils are 3-4-1=7pts over their last eight road games and are 15-13-3=33pts away from Prudential Center overall.
- New Jersey is 9-12-2=20pts vs. the Metropolitan Division this season, including 4-8-0=8pts on the road.
- Tonight’s contest opened the club’s ninth of 12 sets of back-to-back games. The Devils are now 3-5-1=7pts in first games and 4-2-2=10pts in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- New Jersey outshot Columbus, 26-24.
- Cory Schneider allowed three goals on 11 shots in 19:45 of action and was relieved by Keith Kinkaid at the start of the second period. He took the loss and fell to 26-20-6 on the season.
- Kinkaid (ND, 40:00, three goals allowed/13 shots against) relieved Schneider for the second time this season (also Dec. 13 at NY Islanders).
- Reid Boucher scored his fifth goal of the season and has 2g-3a-5pts over the last five games. He also led the Devils with a season-high (tie, Feb. 9 vs. Edmonton) five shots on goal.
- Travis Zajac registered the primary assist on Boucher’s goal and now has 2g-6a-8pts over the past 11 games.
- Damon Severson also assisted on Boucher’s goal. He has points in back-to-back games (2a) for the second time this season (Oct. 16-28, 2a).
- Friday: vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).
This entry was posted in Game Day
, Post Game
. Bookmark the permalink