New Jersey Devils 3 vs. Philadelphia Flyers 6
- Attendance: 15,482
- Three Stars: 1. Brayden Schenn 2. Claude Giroux 3. Wayne Simmonds
- New Jersey had its three-game winning streak snapped, however, the club is 8-3-2=18pts over its last 13 games overall.
- The Devils finished their season series vs. the Flyers 2-1-1=5pts.
- Despite the loss, New Jersey is 11-3-3 vs. Philadelphia since the start of the 2012-13 season and has outscored the Flyers 53-36 during that span.
- The loss ended the Devils’ season-high, six-game point streak at home (5-0-1=11pts).
- The Devils are 8-9-2=18pts vs. the Metropolitan Division this season, including 4-3-2=10pts at home.
- The six goals allowed were a team season-high (previously, five goals allowed, four times, last time, Jan. 12 at St. Louis, L 2-5).
- The Devils wore their retro red and green jerseys tonight. It was just the seventh time New Jersey has worn its original colors since donning the current red and black sweaters at the start of the 1992-93 season. The Devils are 2-5-0 all-time in retro games: 5-2 W vs. Pittsburgh, Mar. 17, 2010; 0-3 L vs. Washington, Mar. 18, 2011; 2-5 L vs. Pittsburgh, Mar.17, 2012; 3-7 L vs. New York Rangers, Jan. 26, 2014 at Yankee Stadium; 2-4 L vs. Boston, Mar. 18, 2014; and a 2-0 win vs. Pittsburgh, Mar. 17, 2015. New Jersey will also wear the classic sweaters on Mar. 17 vs. Minnesota at The Rock.
- The Devils were 1/7 on the power play tonight. They have scored at least one PPG in each of their last four games 6/17 (35.3%) and are 13/35 (37.1%) with the man-advantage over their last 11 contests
- New Jersey was 2/4 on the penalty kill; the club had not allowed a PPG in the previous four games at Prudential Center (11/11).
- The Flyers out shot the Devils 26-24.
- Cory Schneider (20 saves) took the loss in goal. He’s 8-4-1 in his last 13 starts and is 25-17-6 overall.
- Tyler Kennedy scored a power goal at 12:01 of the first period. It his first goal as a Devil, his first since Mar. 13, 2015 vs. Ottawa (40 games) & his first power play goal since Mar. 16, 2013 vs. the New York Rangers (152 games).
- Jordin Tootoo tied the game at 2-2 with his fourth goal of the season 9:24 into the third period. It was Tootoo’s fourth goal of the season/first since Jan. 2 vs. Dallas (17 games).
- Kyle Palmieri scored his team-leading 21st goal of the season with 2:16 remaining in the game. It was Palmieri’s first goal since Jan. 21 vs. Ottawa (nine games). Palmieri has 1g-1a-2pts over the last three games. He also led the Devils with a season-high six shots on goal tonight.
- Seth Helgeson recorded the lone assist on Tootoo’s goal, the third assist/point of his NHL career & first since Jan. 3, 2015 vs. Philadelphia (12 appearances). Helgeson registered a season-high (tie, Jan. 26 vs. Pittsburgh) five hits in the contest.
- John Moore registered the primary assist on Kennedy’s goal and has 2a over the past three games. He has a career-high 1g-4a-5pts on the PP overall (previously 4PPA, 2014-15).
- Reid Boucher also assisted on Kennedy’s tally and has 1g-2a-3pts over the last four games.
- David Schlemko picked up an assist on Palmieri’s goal and has points in back-to-back games (2a). He leads New Jersey’s defensemen with a career-high 6g-11a-17pts (previous, 4g-10a-14pts, 2010-11).
- Travis Zajac was 18/25 (72.0%) in the face-off circle tonight. Jacob Josefson was 8/11 (72.7%).
- Stephen Gionta (upper body) left the game in the first period and did not return.
Cory Schneider, Andy Greene, Tyler Kennedy, Joseph Blandisi and Travis Zajac.
- Wednesday: Off.
- Thursday: 11:00 AM practice at Prudential Center’s Practice Facility.
- Friday: vs. New York Islanders at Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, News Radio 880 WCBS).