New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Los Angeles Kings 0
- Attendance: 16,514 (Sold Out)
- Three Stars: 1. Keith Kinkaid 2. David Schlemko 3. Travis Zajac
- New Jersey extended its winning streak to three games.
- The Devils defeated the Kings at Prudential Center in the regular season for the first time since Oct. 13, 2011 (2-1 SO).
- New Jersey is now 8-2-2=18pts over its last 12 games and has allowed just 18 goals-against during that stretch.
- The Devils have points in a season-high six straight games at The Rock (5-0-1=11pts).
- New Jersey improved to 12-9-1=25pts vs. the Western Conference this season, including 7-5-1=15pts at home
- Today’s contest closed-out the club’s seventh of 12 sets of back-to-back games. The Devils are now 3-3-1 in first games and 4-1-2 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- The Devils were 1/3 on the power play today and are 12/28 (42.6%) over the last ten games.
- New Jersey was 1/1 on the penalty kill and is 23/24 (95.8%) over the past seven games.
- The Kings out shot the Devils 28-18, including 12-5 in the third period.
- Keith Kinkaid stopped all 28 shots he faced to record the first shutout of his NHL career. He’s 2-1-1 over his last four starts and improved to 4-5-1 on the season overall.
- David Schlemko scored the second power play goal of his career/in the past in the past seven games. He leads Devils’ defensemen with a career-high 7g-9a-16pts (previous, 4g-10a-14pts, 2010-11). Schlemko’s four GWG are second on the club (Adam Henrique, 5). He had 0 GWG/7 career goals overall entering the season.
- Schlemko’s career-high 2g-8a-10pts on the power play rank fourth on the club (tie, Michael Cammalleri, 3g-7a-10pts).
- Travis Zajac collected the lone assist on Schlemko’s goal. He has points in two straight (2a) and 1g-4a-5pts over the past six games. Zajac has recorded 4g-8a-12pts on the power play & 8g-20a-28pts overall.
- Lee Stempniak recorded a team-high three shots on goal.
- Sergey Kalinin led the Devils with a season-high five hits in the contest.
Head Coach John Hynes, Keith Kinkaid, David Schlemko and Kings’ Head Coach Darryl Sutter.
- Game Sheets were unavailable.
- Monday: TBA.
- Tuesday: vs. Philadelphia Flyers at Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).