New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Edmonton Oilers 1
- Attendance: 16,514 (Sold Out)
- Three Stars: 1. Reid Boucher 2. Adam Henrique 3. Cory Schneider
- New Jersey split its season series vs. Edmonton 1-1-0=2pts.
- The Devils snapped their three-game winless streak (0-1-2=2pts).
- New Jersey is 6-2-2=14pts over its last ten games and has allowed just 17 goals-against during that stretch.
- The Devils have points in a season-high five straight games at Prudential Center (4-0-1=9pts).
- New Jersey is 11-9-1=23pts vs. the Western Conference this season, including 6-5-1=13pts at home.
- Tonight’s contest closed-out the club’s sixth of 12 sets of back-to-back games. The Devils are 2-3-1 in first games and 3-1-2 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- The Devils were 2/5 on the power play tonight and are 9/21 (42.9%) over the last eight games
- New Jersey was 3/3 on the penalty kill and is 19/19 over the past five games.
- The Devils out shot the Oilers, 26-20.
- Cory Schneider (19 saves) earned the win in goal. He improved to 7-3-1 in his last 11 starts & to 24-16-6 overall. Schneider has now allowed two goals or less in 31 of his last 39 starts since Oct. 29 and is 20-14-5, with four shutouts, a 1.93 goals-against average and a .933 save-percentage during that stretch.
- Reid Boucher posted 1g-1a-2pts for his second multiple-point game of the season. He scored the game-winning/power play goal 7:13 into the third period. Each of Boucher’s three goals this season have been GWG. He also led the Devils with five shots on goal tonight.
- Adam Henrique recorded 1g-1a-2pts for his ninth multiple-point game of the season. He scored a power play at 10:33 of the first period to give the Devils a 1-0 lead. It was Henrique’s third PPG of the season/18th overall. He then picked up the primary assist on Reid Boucher’s power play/game-winning goal. Henrique has points in three straight games (2g-2a-4pts), has 2g-3a-5pts over the past five games & ranks third on the club with 18g-18a-36pts overall.
- Lee Stempniak recorded the primary assist on Henrique’s goal and has reached the 40-pt. mark (15g-25a) for the fourth time in his NHL career & the first time since 2009-10 (28g-20a-48pts in 80 games). He has 6g-5a-11pts over the last 12 games.
- Tyler Kennedy assisted on Boucher’s goal, his sixth assist/point of the season. Kennedy has recorded a GWA in three of his last six appearances.
- John Moore saw a team-high 24:24 of action tonight.
- Kyle Palmieri led the Devils with four hits in the contest.
- Travis Zajac was 14/22(63.6%) in the face-off circle.
Head Coach John Hynes, Cory Schneider, Reid Boucher, Adam Henrique and Oilers’ Head Coach Todd McLellan.
- Wednesday: Off.
- Thursday: 11:00 AM practice at AmeriHealth Pavilion.
- Next Game: Saturday vs. Philadelphia Flyers at Wells Fargo Center (1:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).