New Jersey Devils 3 vs. Dallas Stars 2 (OT)
- Attendance: 16,514 (sold out)
- Three Stars: 1. John Moore 2. Colton Sceviour 3. Kyle Palmieri
- New Jersey improved to 6-1 in games decided in overtime this season.
- The Devils have won three straight for the first time since Oct. 18-24 (4-0-0), are 4-1-0 over past their past five games and improved to 20-14-5=45pts overall.
- New Jersey did not reach the 20-win mark until Game #51 last season (20-22-9=49pts).
- The Devils are now 8-0-2 vs. the Stars at home since 2000, including 6-0-2 at Prudential Center.
- New Jersey improved to 6-7-1=13pts vs. the Western Conference this season, including 4-5-1=9pts at home.
- The Stars out shot the Devils, 31-30, but New Jersey held a 4-0 advantage in OT.
- Cory Schneider (29 saves) improved to 17-10-5 on the season. He’s now allowed two goals or less in 19 of his last 25 starts since Oct. 29; he’s 13-8-4 with three shutouts, a 2.01 goals-against average & .931 save-percentage during that stretch.
- John Moore scored the power play game-winner at 1:47 of overtime, his second OT goal of the season/of his NHL career (also, Nov. 28 at Montreal). It was the fourth game-winning goal of his career. Moore now has 3g-7a-10pts on the season, which ranks second among Devils’ defensemen (Damon Severson, 1g-10a-11pts). He led New Jersey with 23:48 of TOI tonight.
- Kyle Palmieri scored his 17th goal of the season at 1:02 of the second period to give the Devils a 1-0 lead. He has 10g-4a-14pts over the last 17 contests. With 17g-13a-30pts overall, Palmieri needs just 1pt to tie his career-high (14g-17a-31pts in 71 games, 2013-14).
- Bobby Farnham scored his fifth goal of the season/second in the last three games at 6:02 of the second to put New Jersey ahead 2-0. Farnham has 4g-1a-5pts in 11 games at Prudential Center.
- Adam Henrique recorded 2a, including the lone assist on Moore’s goal, for his eighth multiple-point game of the season. He needs just 1a to reach 100 in his NHL career.
- David Schlemko collected the primary assist on Palmieri’s goal and now has 2g-1a-3pts over the past five games. He led the Devils with a season-high four shots on goal.
- Jordin Tootoo recorded the primary assist on Farnham’s goal and now has 1g-1a-2pts over the last five games. He has 3g-5a-8pts in 38 appearances overall.
- Stephen Gionta also assisted on Farnham’s marker his first point since Dec. 11 vs. Detroit (nine games).
- Travis Zajac led all forwards with 22:15 of TOI.
- Mike Cammalleri (upper body) missed his first game of the season. He had played in 48 straight games since Mar. 23, 2015.
Head Coach John Hynes, John Moore, Kyle Palmieri, Bobby Farnham, Travis Zajac and Dallas Head Coach Lindy Ruff.
- Tomorrow: 12:oo Noon practice at AmeriHealth Pavilion.
- Monday: vs. Detroit Red Wings at Prudential Center (7:00 p.m. ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).