New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Anaheim Ducks 2
- Attendance: 16,514 (Sold Out)
- Three Stars: 1. Ryan Kesler 2. Mike Cammalleri 3. Frederik Andersen
- The Devils have lost consecutive games in regulation for the first time since Nov. 17-20 (0-2-0).
- New Jersey is now winless in its last four games (0-3-1) vs. Anaheim and is 0-2-1 in its last three games vs. the Ducks at Prudential Center (last win, Feb. 17, 2012).
- Despite the loss, the Devils have points in six of their last nine (4-3-2=10pts) & nine of their last 14 games (6-5-3=15pts).
- New Jersey is now 5-7-1=11pts vs. the Western Conference this season, including 3-5-1=7pts at home.
- The Devils did not take a penalty for the first time all season.
- New Jersey won 57.4 % (27/47) of face-offs tonight.
- The Devils out hit the Ducks, 43-22.
- New Jersey out shot Anaheim, 22-18.
- Keith Kinkaid (16 saves) made his first start since Dec. 3 at Carolina & fell to 2-4-0 on the year.
- Mike Cammalleri scored his 12th goal of the season and snapped a five-game goal-less drought. He has 1g-1a-2pts over the past three games.
- Lee Stempniak registered the primary assist and now has 3g-4a-7pts over the last nine games.
- Damon Severson also assisted on the goal and continues to lead Devils’defensemen in scoring with 1g-10a-11pts overall.
- Kyle Palmieri faced Anaheim for the first time since being traded by the Ducks to the Devils on Jun. 27. He recorded one shot on goal in 20:42 of action.
- Adam Henrique appeared in the 300th game of his NHL career.
- Travis Zajac was activated from Injured Reserve and returned to the lineup after missing the previous seven games with an upper body injury. He recorded one shot on goal in 18:37 of action. Zajac was also 13/19 (68.4%) in the face-off circle.
- Jordin Tootoo was a healthy scratch for the first time this season. He had played in a career-high 91 consecutive games, dating back to Nov. 29, 2014.
Head Coach John Hynes, Keith Kinkaid, Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac, Adam Henrique and Anaheim Head Coach Bruce Boudreau.
- Tomorrow: vs. Boston Bruins at TD Garden (5:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, News Radio 880 WCBS).