New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Florida Panthers 5
- Attendance: 12,512
- Three Stars: 1. Brandon Pirri 2. Jussi Jokinen 3. Vincent Trocheck
- The Devils had their home points streak snapped at three games (2-0-1=5pts) and fell to 7-7-3=17pts at Prudential Center overall.
- New Jersey lost to Florida at home in the regular season for the first time since Feb. 11, 2012 (6-0-0).
- The five goals-against tied a season high (also, Nov. 21 at Edmonton, L 1-5 & Oct. 10 at Washington, L 3-5).
- Despite the loss, the Devils have points in six of their last eight (4-2-2=10pts) & nine of their last 13 games (6-4-3=15pts).
- New Jersey is now 6-1-2=14pts vs. the Atlantic Division this season, including 2-1-1=5pts at home.
- The Devils were 1/3 on the power play & have scored at least one PPG in 20 of their 32 games this season.
- The Panthers outshot Devils, 26-16.
- Cory Schneider (21 saves + ENG) fell to 14-9-4 on the season.
- Sergey Kalinin scored the Devils’ lone goal, his fourth of the season/third on the power play. He now has 2g over the past four games.
- Kyle Palmieri registered the primary assist on Kalinin’s goal and has 6g-3a-9pts over the last ten games. He leads the Devils with a career-high 5g-7a-12pts on the power play (previously, 5g-6a-11pts, 2014-15) and is second on the club with 13g-12a-25pts overall.
- David Schlemko also assisted on the goal and now has 2g-4a-6pts on the season. All four of Schlemko’s assists have come on the power play.
- Mike Cammalleri, Jordin Tootoo and Tuomo Ruutu each appeared in their 100th game with New Jersey.
- Ruutu was activated from injured reserve earlier in the day and made his first appearance since Oct. 16 vs. San Jose. He recorded 2 hits in 12:59 of action.
- Damon Severson led the Devils with 3 shots on goal.
- Adam Henrique was 12/16 (75.0%) on face-offs.
Head Coach John Hynes, Cory Schneider, John Moore and Florida Head Coach Gerard Gallant.
- Tomorrow: 12:00 Noon practice at AmeriHealth Pavilion.
- Saturday: vs. Anaheim Ducks at Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).