New Jersey Devils 0 at New York Islanders 4
- Attendance: 13,259
- Three Stars: 1. Marek Zidlicky 2. Thomas Greiss 3. John Tavares
- The Devils fell to 1-2-0 in the season series vs. the Islanders.
- New Jersey has points in five of six games (3-1-2=8pts) and in seven of its last ten games (4-3-3=11pts).
- The Devils have points in four of five on the road (3-1-1) and are 8-5-1 away from Prudential Center overall.
- New Jersey is 5-5-1 vs. the Metropolitan Division this season, including 3-3-0 on the road.
- The Islanders outshot the Devils 30-27.
- The Devils were 4/4 (100%) on the penalty kill and 0/3 on the power play.
- The Devils were shut out for the second time this season (11/10 vs StL).
- Cory Schneider (15 saves, 27:28 min) fell to 13-8-4.
- Keith Kinkaid ( 11 saves , 32:32 min) entered the game in the second period in relief of Schneider. He allowed one goal on 12 shots.
- Lee Stempniak had a season-high four penalty minutes (tie).
- Sergey Kalinin was 6-12 (50.0 %) in the faceoff circle.
- Joseph Blandisi recorded 12:34 in his second career NHL game.
- Eric Gelinas led the Devils with four shots on goal, tying his season high (11/22 vs Van).
- Adam Larsson recorded his first fighting major at 4:54 of the second period. He tied his season high 17 PIM (also, 11/8 vs Van).
- Tomorrow: TBA
- Tuesday: vs. Buffalo Sabres at First Niagara Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus 2, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).
This entry was posted in Game Day
, Post Game
. Bookmark the permalink