New Jersey Devils 4 vs. Florida Panthers 2
- Attendance: 13,643
- Three Stars: 1. Adam Henrique 2. Mike Cammalleri 3. Jaromir Jagr
- New Jersey is 4-2-2=10pts over its last eight games.
- The Devils snapped a four-game winless streak (0-2-2=2pts) at home and improved 6-6-3=15pts at Prudential Center overall.
- Including the 2012 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, New Jersey has now won eight straight games vs. Florida at The Rock.
- The Devils are 7-2-1=15pts vs. the Panthers overall since the start of the 2012-13 season; they’ve outscored Florida 35-22 during that span.
- New Jersey has now scored three-or-more goals in four of its last five games.
- The Panthers out shot the Devils 36-18 overall & 29-7 over the final two periods.
- Cory Schneider (34 saves) made the start in goal and improved to 12-7-3 on the season. He’s allowed two goals or less in 13 last 15 starts since Oct. 29 (8-5-2, 1 ShO, 1.98 GAA, .931 save %). Schneider is 2-1-2 with a 2.35 GAA & .914 save % in five head-to-head meetings with Roberto Luongo.
- Schneider also stopped Jonathan Huberdeau’s second period penalty shot attempt. He’s saved 3/3 penalty shots he’s faced this season (also, Radim Vrbata Nov. 22 at Vancouver & Patrick Marleau Oct. 16 vs. San Jose) and 11/13 in his career.
- Lee Stempniak scored 0:26 into the game, his sixth goal of the season, and extended his point-scoring streak to three games (1g-2a-3pts). The goal was New Jersey’s fastest to start a game this (previously, 2:51, John Moore vs. NY Islanders Oct. 31). It was also the team’s fastest goal to start a period (previously, 0:43, Adam Larsson vs. Arizona on Oct. 20, OT).
- Adam Henrique recorded 1g-2a-3pts for his second 3pt. game/seventh multiple-point game of the season. He has 4g-5a-9pts over the last eight contests and ranks second on the club with 13g-10a-23pts overall. Henrique’s goal was his team-leading fourth game-winner.
- Mike Cammalleri scored his 11th goal of the season & collected the 300th assist of his NHL career on Stempniak’s tally for his ninth multiple-point game. He has points in three straight games (4g-3a-7pts) and currently ranks fifth in the NHL with 30pts overall.
- Kyle Palmieri scored his 11th goal of the season. He has goals in back-to-back games (2g) and 4g over the last five.
- Damon Severson registered 2a, his second multiple-point game of the season (also, 2a Nov. 6 vs. Chicago) , and snapped a nine game point drought. Severson leads New Jersey’s defensemen with 0g-9a-9pts.
- Adam Larsson posted the only assist on Henrique’s goal and now has 1g-5a-6pts on the season.
- Cammalleri, Henrique, Severson and John Moore were all +3 tonight.
Head Coach John Hynes, Cory Schneider, Adam Henrique, Mike Cammalleri, Stephen Gionta, Damon Seversonand Florida Head Coach Gerard Gallant.
- Tomorrow: Noon practice at AmeriHealth Pavilion.
- Tuesday: vs. Toronto Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre (7:30 PM ET, MSG Network, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).