New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Montreal Canadiens 3 (SO)
- Attendance: 16,514 (sold out)
- Three Stars: 1. Alex Galchenyuk 2. Cory Schneider 3. Lee Stempniak
- New Jersey has earned a point in 13 of its last 19 games (11-6-2=24pts).
- The Devils opened their second of 12 sets of back-to-back games. They’re now 0-1-1 in first games and 0-1-0 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- New Jersey fell to 5-5-2 at home & to 2-0-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
- The Devils fell to 2-2 in the shootout this season and to 63-58 all time.
- New Jersey was 1/4 on the power play. They’ve scored a PPG in 15 of 22 games this season, including six of their last seven contests.
- The Devils’ penalty kill unit was 4/4 tonight and is 47/51 (92.1%) over the past 14 games.
- New Jersey won 37/62 (59.6%) of its face-offs tonight.
- The Devils out hit the Canadiens, 34-13.
- New Jersey and Montreal each registered 27 shots on goal.
- Cory Schneider (25 saves + 2/4 SO) took the loss in goal and fell to 10-6-2 on the season. Despite the loss, he’s now allowed two goals or less in ten of his last 11 starts since Oct. 29 (6-4-1, 1 ShO, 1.81 GAA, .937 save %).
- Lee Stempniak posted 1g-1a-2pts, including his first power play goal of the season, and has 2g-4a-6pts over the last six contests. He also led New Jersey with a season-high seven shots on goal tonight. Stempniak ranks second on the Devils with 5g-13-18pts overall (Mike Cammalleri, 7g-16a-23pts).
- Adam Henrique scored his team-leading 11th goal of the year & has goals in a team season-high three straight games (3g). Henrique has 5g-3a-8pts over the last nine contests.
- Mike Cammalleri assisted on Stempniak’s goal and has points in three consecutive games (1g-4a-5pts). With 16a overall, Cammalleri has surpassed his assist total from all of last season (15a in 68 games). He has 4g-8a-12pts over the last ten contests.
- Patrik Elias recorded his first point of the season with an assist on Stempniak’s PPG.
- John Moore recorded the primary assist on Henrique’s goal, his third of the season/first since Nov. 14 vs. Pittsburgh (four games).
- Tyler Kennedy made his Devils’ debut after signing a one-year, two-way contract earlier in the day. He posted one shot on goal in 6:51 of action tonight.
- Jacob Josefson scored New Jersey’s only goal in the shootout and improved to 4/5 on the season & 9/15 (60.0%) in his career.
- Andy Greene led the team with 25:08 of TOI and registered a season-high four shots on goal.
- Jon Merrill & Bobby Farnham led the Devils with four hits each.
Head Coach John Hynes, Cory Schneider, Patrik Elias, Lee Stempniak, Kyle Palmieri, Adam Larsson and Montreal Head Coach Michel Therrien.
- Tomorrow: vs. Montreal Canadiens at Bell Centre (7:00 PM ET, MSG Network, NEws Radio 880 WCBS).