New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets 2
- Attendance: 13,567
- Three Stars: 1. Matt Calvert 2. Adam Henrique 3. William Karlsson
- The Devils are now 0-2-0 vs. the Blue Jackets this season.
- New Jersey fell to 5-5-1 at home & to 4-4-0 vs. the Metropolitan Division.
- The Devils are now 3-5-2 vs. Columbus since the formation of the Metropolitan Division in 2013-14.
- New Jersey was 0/5 on the power play; they had scored a PPG in five consecutive games coming into tonight.
- The Devils’ penalty kill unit was 2/2 tonight and is 43/47 (91.5%) over the past 13 games.
- New Jersey outshot Columbus 28-25 overall & 24-11 over the final two periods.
- Cory Schneider (23 saves) took the loss in goal and fell to 10-6-1 on the season. Despite the loss, he’s now allowed two goals or less in nine of his last ten starts since Oct. 29 (6-4-0, 1 ShO, 1.80 GAA, .938 save %).
- Adam Henrique scored his team-leading tenth goal of the year. He now has goals in back-to-back-games (2g) & has 4g-3a-7pts over the last eight contests.
- Mike Cammalleri assisted on Henrique’s goal and has points in back-to-back games (1g-3a-4pts). He has 4g-7a-11pts over the last nine contests and leads the Devils with 7g-15a-22pts overall. Cammalleri has matched his assist total from all of last season (15a in 68 games).
- Patrik Elias, who was activated earlier in the day, made his season debut and recorded two shots on goal in 14:50 of action. He missed the first 20 games due to a right knee injury.
- Travis Zajac led the club with a season-high five shots on goal.
- Stefan Matteau led the Devils/tied a season-high with four hits tonight.
- David Schlemko missed his second straight game (lower body).
Head Coach John Hynes, Cory Schneider, Andy Greene, Patrik Elias, Adam Henrique, Kyle Palmieri and Columbus Head Coach John Tortorella.
- Tomorrow: Off.
- Friday: vs. Montreal Canadiens at Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).