New Jersey Devils 1 at Edmonton Oilers 5
- Attendance: 16,839
- Three Stars: 1. Leon Draisaitl 2. Taylor Hall 3. Anders Nilsson
- New Jersey has lost consecutive games for the just the second time this season (also, 4 games, Oct. 9-16, 0-3-1).
- The Devils fell to 5-4-0 on the road & to 4-5-1 vs. the Western Conference.
- New Jersey is now 3-12-3 in the Western Canadian cities (Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver & Winnipeg) since 2011-12.
- The Devils are 5-2-1 in Edmonton since 2000.
- New Jersey was 1/4 on the power play; they’ve scored on the PP in four straight & in 13 of their 19 games this season (15/66, 22.7 %).
- The Devils’ penalty kill unit was 5/6 tonight and is 34/37 (91.9%) over the past 11 games.
- Edmonton outshot New Jersey, 27-20, tonight.
- Keith Kinkaid (22 saves +ENG) made his fourth start of the season and fell to 1-3-0.
- Kyle Palmieri scored his seventh goal of the season/fourth on the power play. He now has 6g-7a-13pts over the last 13 games. Palmieri leads the Devils with 4g-5a-9pts on the PP.
- David Schlemko picked up the primary assist on Palmieri’s goal and has three points over the last four games (1g-2a-3pts).
- Travis Zajac also assisted on Palmieri’s goal, snapping a four-game point-scoring drought. Zajac ranks second on the club (tie, Mike Cammalleri) with 4g-2a-6pts on the PP.
- Palmieri & Adam Henrique led New Jersey with four shots on goal each.
- Brian O’Neill set a new career-high & led the Devils with five hits (previously, 3).
- Score Sheets unavailable.
- Tomorrow: TBA
- Sunday: vs. Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena (10:00 PM ET, MSG Network, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).
This entry was posted in Game Day
, Post Game
. Bookmark the permalink