New Jersey Devils 4 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- Attendance: 16,514 (sold out)
- Three Stars: 1. Cory Schneider 2. Mike Cammalleri 3. Bobby Farnham
- The Devils are now 16-3-2 vs. the Penguins at Prudential Center since 2008-09.
- New Jersey has now won ten of its last 13 games & has points in 11 of its last 14 contests (10-3-1=21pts).
- The Devils improved to 5-4-1 at home.
- New Jersey is now 4-3-0 vs. the Metropolitan Division thus far, including 2-1-0 at home.
- New Jersey’s penalty kill unit was 3/3 tonight and is 25/27 (92.6%) over the past nine games.
- The Devils were 1/4 on the power play; they’ve scored on the PP in 11 of their 17 games this season (13/59, 22.0 %).
- New Jersey outshot Pittsburgh, 37-21. The Devils’ 37 shots on goal were a season-high (previously, 33, Oct. 29 at Philadelphia).
- Cory Schneider (21 saves) recorded his first shutout of the season/18th of his NHL career. It was his first shutout since Mar. 21 vs. Pittsburgh (also 21 saves). Schneider improved to 9-4-1 on the season. & has allowed two goals or less in each of his last seven starts.
- The shutout was Schneider’s ninth as a Devil, which moves him past Johan Hedberg (8 ShO) into sole-possession of second place in team history.
- Mike Cammalleri posted 1g-2a-3pts for his third 3pt. game of the season. Cammalleri scored his first power play goal of the season. He has 3g-3a-6pts over the last five games and leads the Devils with 6g-11a-17pts overall.
- Lee Stempniak posted 1g-1a-2pts for his third multiple-point game in the last five contests (2g-4a-6pts). He was also a season-best +3 tonight.
- David Schlemko scored his first career game-winning goal and has points in back-to-back games for the first time since Nov. 20-22, 2014 (1g-1a-2pts).
- Bobby Farnham scored in his first game vs. Pittsburgh since being claimed off waivers by the Devils on Oct. 26. He has 2g-1a-3pts in ten games with New Jersey.
- Adam Henrique recorded 2a, his fifth multiple-point game of the season, and now has points in two straight (1g-2a-3pts) for the third time this season. Henrique was +3 and won 12/17 (70.6%) of his face-offs tonight.
- John Moore posted 1a and now has points in back-to-back games (2a) for the first time since Mar. 24-26 (1g-2a-3pts).
- Jordin Tootoo recorded an assist on Cammalleri’s goal, his first point since Oct. 22 at Ottawa (9 games).
- Damon Severson also picked up an assist on Cammalleri’s goal. He leads all Devils’ defensemen with 0g-7a-7pts on the year.
- Stefan Matteau (illness) did not play tonight; Eric Gelinas was a healthy scratch.
Head Coach John Hynes, Cory Schneider Mike Cammalleri, Lee Stempniak, Bobby Farnham, John Moore, Jordin Tootoo and Pittsburgh’s Head Coach Mike Johnston.
- Tomorrow: Off.
- Monday: TBA.
- Tuesday: vs. Calgary Flames at Scotiabank Saddledome (9:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).