New Jersey Devils 4 vs. Chicago Blackhawks 1
- Attendance: 16,514 (sold out)
- Three Stars: 1. Kyle Palmieri 2. Lee Stempniak 3. Travis Zajac
- The Devils have won seven of their last nine (7-2-0) and have points in eight of their last ten games overall (7-2-1=15pts).
- New Jersey has won two consecutive home games for the first time this season and improved to 3-3-1 at Prudential Center overall.
- The Devils snapped a four-game winless stretch vs. the Blackhawks (0-3-1). It was their first win vs. Chicago since Mar. 27, 2012 at Prudential Center (2-1 SO).
- New Jersey chased an opponent’s starting goaltender for the first time this season: Corey Crawford (L, 20:00, 3 GA, 13 SA) was relieved by Scott Darling (33:57, 1 GA, 13 SA) at the start of the second period.
- The Devils scored three goals in the first period, which tied a season high (also, Oct. 29 at Philadelphia, 3rd period). New Jersey’s 13 shots in the first period also tied a season high (also, Oct. 29 at Philadelphia, 1st period & Oct. 24 at Buffalo, 2nd period).
- Chicago outshot New Jersey 29-26 overall & by a 21-13 margin over the final two periods.
- Cory Schneider (27 saves) made his tenth consecutive start in goal and improved to 7-3-1 overall. He’s 7-2-1 with a 2.05 goals-against average & .925 save-percentage during this ten-game stretch.
- Kyle Palmieri registered 1g-1a-2pts and has points in back-to-back games (1g-2a-3pts) for the third time this season. Palmieri has 3g-4a-7pts over the past five games and 4g-6a-10pts overall.
- Travis Zajac recorded 1g-1a-2pts for his third multiple-point game of the season & now has 6g-4a-10pts over his last seven appearances.
- Lee Stempniak scored his third goal of the season/first since Oct. 22 at Ottawa (five games). He added an assist on Zajac’s goal for his second multiple-point game.
- Mike Cammalleri scored his fourth goal of the season and snapped a four-game scoring drought.
- Damon Severson recorded 2a for his first multi-point game since March 14 at Arizona (2a). He now has 3a over the past three games. Severson leads Devils’ defensemen with 0g-6a-6pts on the season.
- Adam Henrique received a five-minute major penalty for fighting Jonathan Toews in the first period. It was the second regular season fight of Henrique’s career/first since January 10, 2012 in Calgary vs. Jarome Iginla. Henrique also fought New York’s Ryan McDonagh in game four of the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals.
- Henrique led the Devils with four shots on goal tonight.
- Adam Larsson led the Devils with a season-high 27:29 of TOI.
- Jiri Tlusty returned to the lineup after missing his two games due to a shoulder injury. He recorded two shots on goal and was +1 in 14:46 of action.
- Stefan Matteau was a healthy scratch for the fifth consecutive game.
- Eric Gelinas was also a healthy scratch; he had played in eight straight coming into tonight.
Head Coach John Hynes, Cory Schneider, Adam Henrique, Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac, Lee Stempniak and Chicago Head Coach Joel Quenneville.
- Tomorrow: TBA
- Sunday: vs. Vancouver Canucks at Prudential Center (5:00 PM, MSG Plus 2, News Radio 880 WCBS).