New Jersey Devils 1 at New York Islanders 2
Three Stars: 1. Travis Hamonic 2. Brock Nelson 3. Lee Stempniak
- New Jersey out shot New York, 28-27 and out hit the Islanders, 39-27.
- The Devils were 5/5 on the penalty kill and are now 11/12 over the past two games.
- Cory Schneider (25 saves) made the start in goal and fell to 0-2-0 in the pre-season.
- Lee Stempniak scored New Jersey’s first even-strength goal of the pre-season, an unassisted tally at 17:59 of the second period. Stempniak is attending training camp on a PTO.
- Kyle Palmieri recorded a team-high four shots on goal and leads the Devils with eight overall.
- Jon Merrill led New Jersey in TOI at 26:55; Jacob Josefson led all forwards with 19:15 of action tonight.
- Reid Boucher made his pre-season debut after missing the first two games due to a concussion suffered September 12. He registered one shot on goal and was +1 in 15:17 of playing time.
- Pavel Zacha, the sixth overall choice of the 2015 Entry Draft, appeared in his second game of the pre-season. He recorded one shot on goal and was 7-13 (53.8%) on face-offs.
- Seth Helgeson led New Jersey with seven hits in the contest.
- Vojtech Mozik and Blake Pietila each made their pre-season debut.
- Tyler Kennedy, who agreed to a PTO with the Devils on September 16, scored in the 3-on-3 overtime demonstration that took place following the game.
- Tomorrow: TBA
- Next Game: Friday vs. New York Islanders at Prudential Center (7:00 PM, MSG Plus, WFAN.com).