New Jersey Devils 2 at Florida Panthers 3 (OT)
- Despite the loss, New Jersey has points in five consecutive games (2-0-3).
- The Devils fell to 0-2 in overtime on the road this season and to 1-3 overall.
- Tonight’s game closed-out the team’s eighth of ten sets of back-to-back games. The Devils are 2-4-2 in first games and 3-5-0 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- The Devils fell to 12-1-4 when scoring the first goal this season. New Jersey is 3-10-5 on the year when allowing the first goal.
- Martin Brodeur (27 saves) took the loss in goal but s 7-1-4 in his last 12 decisions.
- Steve Bernier scored both of New Jersey’s goals for his second multi-goal game of the season (Feb. 3 at NY Islanders) and the 12th of his career.
- Bernier has 8 goals on the year, his most since 2009-10 with Vancouver (11 goals in 59 games.
- Andrei Loktionov picked up an assist and now has 4g-2a-6pts in his last seven games.
- Henrik Tallinder returned to the lineup after missing the previous 11 games (lower body) and recorded the primary assist on Bernier’s power play goal.
- Ryan Carter posted an assist and now has points in back-to-back games (1g-1a).
- Tomorrow: TBA
- Monday vs. New York Islanders at Prudential Center (7:00 PM, MSG Plus, SportsRadio 66 WFAN & 101.9 FM).
This entry was posted in Post Game
. Bookmark the permalink