Cory Schneider, Jacob Josefson, Michael Ryder and Head Coach Peter DeBoer spoke to reporters following last night’s 2-1 shootout win over Winnipeg at Prudential Center.
New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Winnipeg Jets 1 (SO)
- Attendance: 12,897
- Three Stars: 1. Michael Ryder 2. Blake Wheeler 3. Ondrej Pavelec
- The Devils won in the shootout for the first time since March 10, 2013 vs. Winnipeg. New Jersey had lost and NHL-record 18 consecutive shootouts dating back to March 15, 2013 at Philadelphia.
- New Jersey won its first game at Prudential Center and extended its point streak on home ice to three games (1-0-2).
- The Devils’ penalty-kill unit was 2/2 tonight, holding their opponent without a power play goal for the first time since October 14 at Tampa Bay.
- The Devils are now 6-2-0 vs. the Jets/Thrashers at home since the start of the 2010-11 season.
- New Jersey out shot Winnipeg, 28-25, tonight.
- Cory Schneider (24 saves + 1/1 SO) improved to 5-3-2 on the year.
- Schneider has now started ten consecutive games to start the season, marking the seventh time in Devils’ history that a goaltender has done so: Martin Brodeur, 19 games, October 6-November 20, 2001; Brodeur, 17, October 10-November 21, 2002; Chris Terreri, 12, October 5-29, 1991; Brodeur, 11, October 8-November 5, 2003; Brodeur, 10, October 10-November 1, 2008; and Brodeur, 10, October 3-28, 2009.
- Michael Ryder scored an unassisted goal at 16:33 of the third period to tie the game and force overtime. It was his second goal of 2014-15 and first since the season-opener on October 9 at Philadelphia.
- Jacob Josefson scored the game-determining goal, the first of his career. He’s now 2/4 all-time in the shootout.
- Travis Zajac led the Devils with a season-high four shots on goal.
- Adam Larsson made his second appearance of the season/first since October 21 vs. the New York Rangers.
- Mike Cammalleri (jaw) missed his second straight game.
- Martin Havlat (lower body) and Jordin Tootoo (foot) each missed fourth consecutive game.
Head Coach Peter DeBoer, Cory Schneider, Michael Ryder, Jacob Josefson and Damon Severson.
- Tomorrow: 12:00 Noon practice at AmeriHealth Pavilion.
- Saturday: vs. Columbus Blue Jackets at Prudential Center (7:00 PM, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).
Head Coach Peter DeBoer, Cory Schneider and Adam Larsson spoke to reporters prior to tonight’s game vs. Winnipeg at Prudential Center.