With just nine games remaining in the regular season, the Albany Devils are making a push for one of the final spots in the 2015 Calder Cup Playoffs. Thanks to a four‐game winning streak and a 31‐25‐5‐6 record (73 pts.), the team is within seven points of the seventh‐place Worcester Sharks (37‐23‐4‐2, 80 pts.) and the eighth‐place Portland Pirates (37‐24‐5‐1, 80 pts.).
For a complete recap of last week’s action and a look at what’s ahead, please see the press release below.
New Jersey Devils prospect highlights from this past week include:
- Ryan Kujawinski scored shorthanded and on the power play in North Bay’s (OHL) 8-0 win in Game One of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals over Kingston on Friday. The Battalion lead the series, 2-0, following a 3-2 win Sunday afternoon.
- John Quenneville recorded 1g-3a-4pts in Brandon’s (WHL) 8-1 win over Edmonton in Game Two of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals on Friday. He also scored a goal in game three yesterday as the Wheat Kings took a 2-1 series lead.
- Complete statistics: Prospect Report 3-30-15
President/General Manager Lou Lamoriello, Cory Schneider, Patrik Elias, Andy Greene, Dainius Zubrus, Stefan Matteau and Adam Henrique spoke to the media following last night’s 2-1 loss to Anaheim at Prudential Center.
New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Anaheim Ducks 2
- Attendance: 15,987
- Three Stars: 1. John Gibson 2. Ryan Kesler 3. Francois Beauchemin
- New Jersey lost the season series vs. Anaheim 0-2-0.
- The Devils finished 9-15-4 vs. the Western Conference this season, including 5-7-2 at home.
- New Jersey is now winless in a season-high (tie, December 9-17, 0-2-3 & November 22-December 2 , 0-2-3) five straight games (0-4-1).
- Tonight’s contest closed-out the team’s 17th of 18 sets of back-to-back games. New Jersey is now 7-6-4 in first games and 6-8-3 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- New Jersey outshot Anaheim, 27-25.
- Cory Schneider (23 saves) made the start in goal and fell to 26-28-8 on the season.
- Dainius Zubrus scored his fourth goal of the season/second in the last ten games.
- Andy Greene collected the primary assist to snap a six-game point-less streak.
- Patrik Elias also assisted on Zubrus’ goal and now has points in a season-high (tie) three straight games (1g-2a-3pts).
- Scott Gomez played in his 600th game with the Devils, becoming the 15th player (ninth forward) to do so.
President/General Manager Lou Lamoriello, Cory Schneider, Dainius Zubrus, Adam Henrique and Mike Cammalleri.
- Tomorrow: Travel Day.
- Tuesday: vs. Columbus Blue Jackets at Nationwide Arena (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, News Radio 880 WCBS).